1. For the first breath, take the longest, slowest, deepest breath you can: Breathe in for as long as possible. Hold your breath as long as you can.
2. Exhale as slowly and long as possible. While doing this, consider the Divine. Invite Divine guidance.
3. For the next three regular breaths consider the three Great Lights.
4. For the following five breaths, consider the top three officers, the deacons and the stewards.
5. The final seven breaths are to call to mind the brothers of your lodge and:
- In the morning: think of how you will live freemasonry throughout your day on their behalf—as their representative to the mundane world
- In the evening: contemplate how effectively or ineffectively you followed through on the morning’s intention.
Brother Erik Marks is a clinical social worker whose usual vocation has been in the field of human services in a wide range of settings since 1990. He was raised in 2017 by his biologically younger Brother and then Worshipful Master in Alpha Lodge in Framingham, MA. You may contact brother Marks by email: erik@StrongGrip.org